Wild & Wonderful West Virginia

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Moving is NOT like camping!

Somehow I thought it would be fun to get everything all packed up. Living in this chaos with a blowup mattress and limited amenities would be like camping, right? NOT! Day one of packing is over. The packers were scheduled to be here at 9:00 a.m. yesterday to get started. At 10:40 they finally showed up with some excuse about getting lost with the Mapquest directions. This part is definitely true. You absolutely cannot get to this house via Mapquest. It just isn't right and tells you turn on a road that simply doesn't exist any longer! Guess it takes a while to get the new roads and highways into the database. I have lived here 2 1/2 years and the new road was built about 8 weeks after we moved. So, I have to assume that it takes more than 2 years and four months for Mapquest to update their system. So much for technology, huh?

Don and I had a lovely dinner last night with my friend Mary Jo. She was SO MUCH help to me yesterday and I never could have accomplished what I did without her. I have to thank my friend Susan as well. Without her the relocation company would still be calling me and requesting my notarized signature. I am sure going to miss the wonderful support group I have here in Warner Robins.

Today is day Two of packing out. The movers said they would be here at 7:00 to unload my attic before the heat was unbearable. It is 8:24 a.m. and they just rolled in the driveway. Better late than never!

No comments: