Wild & Wonderful West Virginia

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July!



Sure hope everyone has a great Fourth! Looks like Macy Kate is having a great time, huh? Don and I will be busy preparing for our move today, but we plan to celebrate the 4th by having an all american meal...Hot Dogs!

Here are some pictures I took of Don at his new job. He finally gets his own parking space and his own private office!



>



They are painting his office this week (hopefully) and moving in his new desk, phone, computer, etc. We plan to hang all the great C-130 and aviator artwork we have collected over time just for this job! Don has lots of awards we want to put on the wall as well. We will be getting him a small refrigerator and microwave for his new office. He will be busy next week in Pittsburgh working on the new office, while I am here with my parents getting the house ready for the movers. Of course...ummmm....Mom & Dad? Don wants us to come to the office one day and hang all the pictures...he says he will take us to lunch across the street at Armstrongs as a reward for your hard work! Armstrongs is the local Italian food restaurant. If I keep making a list of things for my parents to do in West Virginia and Pittsburgh they wont make it back home until Halloween!!

Okay, I have to issue a retraction from one of my previous posts. Don's Dad DID NOT have surgery this week. He is still waiting on the results of his biopsy before they do anything else. I will keep you posted. Don and I are excited that they will be coming to West Virginia to visit. Hopefully they will get to come this summer depending on everyone's health and the weather I guess.

I think the only pictures I have left of the new house that I have not previously posted are of the inside of the garage:






I also wanted my Mom to see these pictures from the lower level that I want to make the master suite. These are pictures looking from the bathroom to the bedroom and of the stairwell. She was asking about the tile floor and carpet and these pictures show it well.





Hope everyone has a great day. Although we are happy to be getting ready for our move, we sure miss being at "Charlie Brown Park" with Alex and Jacob for the 4th. That is certainly one of my favorite memories of what once was family tradition for us.

1 comment:

Kim said...

What a precious picture of Macy Kate! She's just a little doll and so patriotic! It sounds like things are moving along well for you and Don with the move. I'm so excited for you guys but I sure will miss you. I always looked forward to taking classes with you! Hugs ~ Kim