Wild & Wonderful West Virginia

Friday, September 7, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD, uh...DAD"S"!


Today is Don's father's birthday and last week was my Dad's birthday. Happy Birthday to them both!!








Don took us all to dinner last night to "DJ's Grille" for his Dad's birthday. They sang Happy Birthday to Jay and brought him a piece of strawberry shortcake. Lots of fun!

Worked on my Fall display in the yard, it is still a work in progress, but the neighbors are really "gawking" at it! Still looking for corn stalks and indian corn, plus I want more mums. Hopefully this weekend I can get some.




Don's Mom and I went to the fleamarket last Sunday and I was able to find this star to go over the front door. Don thinks I should paint it so it won't blend in so well. Not sure yet what I want to do. I do love the ivy cut back so you can see the great masonry work in the brick:



Not much else to report from WV. The weather is great, although it has been quite warm this week...in the upper 80's. Rain is predicted for the weekend and next week the highs are in the low 70's. Should feel more like Fall in a couple of weeks.

I am going to enjoy the rest of the day with my inlaws, as they are going home on Sunday. Pam and I want to make Jay a pineapple upside down cake for his birthday. That is his favorite, and my dad's as well so I recall!

I start "TAX SCHOOL" next week with H&R Block...


wish me luck!

3 comments:

Alice J said...

Terri,
Yes, I done the handwriting freehand on the plates. Thanks for the vote of confidence on them.
I love your "HAPPY FALL YA'LL" scene and the front door with all the ivy! Gorgeous!
Guess I haven't done one yet cause I live 900 feet off the highway and no one could see it. And if I put it in the cow pasture the cows would eat it! So I really don't have a place to put it. YET! ( I plann on putting my hubby to working on moving the fence so the cows won't get to it and I will have a bigger driveway.)
I miss you being here with your big smile! God put you here so I can smile back at you even if it is just your picture!
Come visit us down here in God's country sometime.
Fall Blessing to you and your family.
In the Love of Christ,
AliceJ

Kim said...

Happy Birthday, DADS! You did a GREAT job on the display. Too cute! I LOVE your star too! The canvas was fun once I got all of the background done. I'll post instructions but basically I just used painters tape and painted different size squares on the canvas then painted different things on each square overlapping some. I saw something similar that Donna had done and just adapted it to what I wanted to Nonie. Take care sweetie and I miss you so much!!!! Hugs ~ Kim

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Hey girl,
Happy Birthday to the DADS!
Love the display! Your front porch is cute and so inviting and the star will get that Terry touch and look perfect!
Miss ya!
Sandy :)