Wild & Wonderful West Virginia

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Snow Shoveling....day one!

Yep....four inches forecasted to fall today between now and 5:00 p.m. This is what it looks like right now at 7:00 a.m.





We took possession of the snow blower last night, but since it is gas powered Don made the comment "Terry will never be able to get it started"...so guess what? Remember all the times I said "why would anyone SHOVEL snow?" I am getting ready to find out! I have snow duty today and I am desperately trying to think of a plan of action. My first thought was to just leave it and hope it melts, but the neighbors have warned us about driving on the snow in the driveway and packing it down into ice. My second thought was to risk the lawn and sprinkle the rock salt my daddy sent me to make boiled peanuts....just how much salt would it take though, I wonder? I probably don't have enough, and the truth be told I would rather have boiled peanuts than a clear driveway any how! Wonder if the peanut shells would have enough salt on them to melt the snow?! I could boil peanuts today and throw the shells out the third story window onto the driveway! Probably not a good idea, huh? Okay, my third thought is maybe I could bribe the snowplow guy that keeps driving past the house to make a quick run down the driveway? Personally I think that is the best idea yet! Especially since the jerk keeps dumping all the snow from the street into my driveway anyway...the very idea! Uh oh...the neighbor just drove out of his driveway without removing the snow - of course, it was Skip and I am suppose to remove the snow from his driveway as well as mine because he owns the snowblower. Hmmmm...Guess I better get dressed, bundle up and get the shovel, huh? The temperature is 24 degrees with a windchill of 14! Wonder how long it takes to shovel three driveways anyway? The worst part is it is snowing to beat the band. Even if I shovel now I will have to shovel every two hours or so to keep it clear....who asked for a White Christmas anyways?

No comments: