Wild & Wonderful West Virginia

Friday, November 30, 2007

ArtWork!!


Remember this dogwood painting that I painted in Sandy's class at Hobby Lobby in Georgia? I won second place in the district for the Greater Federation of Woman's Club, Weirton Council!

And guess what I did yesterday?! My neighbor Kay called me yesterday morning and said "If your not busy today, come over and I will teach you stained glass"...boy was I excited! I have always wanted to learn, but I knew if I got hooked that I wouldn't be able to afford all the supplies necessary to support my habit....well, guess what? I hope we win the lottery soon because I LOVE THIS ART!! My friend Ellen will be so happy that I finally learned to do it. I made this snowman and although he is far from perfect I just love him!



Cutting and grinding the glass was my favorite part. Soldering the pieces together is definitely going to take some practice to get right. Kay has invited me back this afternoon to learn some more and I can't wait!

2 comments:

Sandy McTier Designs said...

WOW! Awesome! You'll have to make sure you take pictures of that with the ribbon for your portfolio for Convention next year!!!
I'm so jealous about the stained glass - I've always wanted to take it too but would of course have to have all the supplies ~ $$$$$.
Can't wait to see what you create with your stained glass lessons!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Happy Painting
Sandy ;)

Kim said...

...and to think, I sat next to you in class when you painted your award winning piece! :o) Your snowman is adorable and I too would love to learn how to do that! Keep us updated on your progress. Hugs ~ Kim